Resin-Modified Calcium Silicate Pulp Protectant/Liner
TheraCal LC is a light-cured, resin-modified calcium silicate filled liner designed for use in direct and indirect pulp capping and as a protective liner under composites, amalgams, cements, and other base materials. It can be used as an alternative to calcium hydroxide, glass ionomer, RMGI, IRM/ZOE and other restorative materials. TheraCal LC performs as a barrier and protectant of the dental pulpal complex.
TheraCal LC’s precise placement allows its use in all deep cavity preparations. The light-cured set permits immediate placement and condensation of the restorative material. Its proprietary formulation allows for a command set with a light curing unit while maintaining ease of placement due to thixotropic properties. The proprietary hydrophilic resin formulation creates a stable and durable liner.
- Calcium release stimulates1* hydroxyapatite and secondary dentin bridge formation2,3
- Alkaline pH promotes healing and apatite formation2,4
- Significant calcium release1 leads to protective seal5,7,8
- Protects and insulates the pulp5,6
- Moisture tolerant1 and radiopaque – can be placed under restorative materials and cements
- The proprietary formulation of TheraCal LC consists of tri-calcium silicate particles in a hydrophilic monomer that provides significant calcium release* making it a uniquely stable and durable material as a liner or base
* Bisco has, on file, the calcium release data for TheraCal LC.
1. Gandolfi MG, Siboni F, Prati C. Chemical-physical properties of TheraCal, a novel light-curable MTA-like material for pulp capping . International Endodontic Journal. 2012 Jun;45(6):571-9.
2. ADA definitions for direct and indirect pulp capping at: www.ada.org/en/publications/cdt/glossary-of-dental-clinical-and-administrative-ter
3. Apatite-forming Ability of TheraCal Pulp-Capping Material, M.G. GANDOLFI, F. SIBONI, P. TADDEI, E. MODENA, and C. PRATI J Dent Res 90 (Spec Iss A):abstract number 2520, 2011 (www.dentalresearch.org)
4. Okabe T, Sakamoto M, Takeuchi H, Matsushima K (2006) Effects of pH on mineralization ability of human dental pulp cells. Journal of Endodontics 32, 198-201.
5. Sangwan P; Sangwan A; Duhan J; Rohilla A. Tertiary dentinogenesis with calcium hydroxide: a review of proposed mechanisms. Int Endod J. 2013; 46(1):3-19
6. Selcuk SAVAS, Murat S. BOTSALI, Ebru KUCUKYILMAZ, Tugrul SARI. Evaluation of temperature changes in the pulp chamber during polymerization of light-cured pulp-capping materials by using a VALO LED light curing unit at different curing distances. Dent Mater J. 2014;33(6):764-9.
7. Cantekin K. Bond strength of different restorative materials to light-curable mineral trioxide aggregate. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2015 Winter;39(2):143-8.
8. Mechanical Properties of New Dental Pulp-Capping Materials Over Time. M. NIELSEN, R. VANDERWEELE, J. CASEY, and K. VANDEWALLE, USAF, JBSA-Lackland, TX, , J Dent Res 93(Spec Iss A): 495, 2014 (www.dentalresearch.org)
TheraCal LC is a light-cured, resin-modified calcium silicate. Its unique apatite stimulating ability makes it ideal for direct and indirect pulp capping and as a protective liner.
There are no reviews yet.