Dual-Cured, Calcium and Fluoride-Releasing, Self-Adhesive Base/Liner
TheraBase is a dual-cure, calcium and fluoride-releasing, self-adhesive base/liner. Utilizing the THERA technology, TheraBase chemically bonds to tooth structure, and releases and recharges calcium and fluoride ions.1 TheraBase’s calcium release generates an alkaline PH* which promotes pulp vitality.2 It is a dual-cured material that will polymerize even in deep restorations where light cannot reach.
TheraBase is stronger and more durable than other base materials, glass ionomers and resin-modified glass ionomers.* Additionally, it is radiopaque allowing for easy identification on radiographs, providing a quick and effective diagnosis.
- Continuous release of calcium and fluoride ions1
- Self-adhesive, no bonding agents required
- High compressive strength, absorbs shock and stress from occlusal forces without fracturing
- Radiopaque, allows for identification on radiographs and effective diagnosis
- Auto-mix, dual syringe provides a consistent mix for immediate delivery with zero to minimal waste of material
- Dual-cured material that will cure even in deep restorations where light cannot reach
- Generates an alkaline pH (pH=11*) in minutes, which promotes pulp vitality2
- Contains the adhesion promoting monomer MDP, ensuring reliable and optimal bond to dentin3
*Data on file.
1 Gleave CM, Chen L, Suh BI. Calcium & fluoride recharge of resin cements. Dent Mater. 2016 (32S):e26
2T. Okabe, M. Sakamoto, H. Takeuchi, K. Matsushima. Effects of pH on Mineralization Ability of Human Dental Pulp Cells.
Journal of Endodontics. Volume 32, Number 3, March 2006.
3Hydrolytic stability of self-etch adhesives bonded to dentin, S Inoue 1, K Koshiro, Y Yoshida, J De Munck, K Nagakane, K Suzuki, H Sano, B Van Meerbeek, Journal of Dental Dentistry, December 2005900 EGP